These are the most common omissions/ mistakes that delay applications.
1) All parts are not completed
2) There is a lack of sufficient detail surrounding work experience
3) There is a lack of sufficient detail surrounding sector experience
4) The declaration form is not signed
5) The application form does not have a sponsor counter signature
6) Copies of education certificates have not been included
7) Specialist certificates or training required for the scheme you are applying, i.e. experience of ITIL for ITSMS certification have not been included
8) The auditing training certificate is not included
9) There is no payment included
See the Become an Auditor section for more key things to look out for.