Quality management systems (QMS)
Demonstrate that you have the skills to audit the proper implementation of ISO 9001
As a quality management systems auditor you will need to demonstrate that you:
- have knowledge of basic quality management principles
- understand the quality management tools and techniques applied in organisations which enable you to assess a quality management system, and generate audit findings and conclusions
- understand an organisation’s operational activities and interactions, and their relationship with product quality.
The QMS Scheme is based on the auditing key standard:
ISO 9001: Quality management systems – Requirements.
ISO 9001:2015 replaces the current standard ISO 9001:2008.
We accept some QMS standards as alternatives to ISO 9001. If you are auditing to a standard other than ISO 9001, see this list to check if it is an acceptable alternative.
If you are auditing to a standard which is not on this list but you think ought to be, please contact us at email@example.com.
Who this scheme is intended for:
- Quality management system auditors, such as those employed by third-party certification bodies/registrars or by purchasing organisations (second-party auditors)
- Quality management practitioners, such as quality management consultants, quality managers and third-party certification managers
- Employees conducting quality management system audits within their own organisations (internal audits).
Completed an IRCA-certified QMS course?
If you have completed an IRCA-certified QMS course, record your certificate with us and apply to become an IRCA member.
All current IRCA Certificated QMS auditors are required to attend IRCA Certified ISO 9001:2015 Transition Training in order to maintain their certification. Find out more here >>